As a natural free-spirit, you’re often motivated by the external world, embracing the unfamiliar and finding authenticity in emotional expression and feelings. You’re drawn to colors that mimic or relate to the natural colors of springtime -- clean, clear and fresh. When deciding on the right shade of green or color palette be sure to look for warm hues that contain hints or undertones of yellow.
Your color sweet spot:
- Clear, delicate and warm fresh colors
Did you know:
Green is literally everywhere -- it’s the most common color in the natural world! Green is also one of the most popular colors on the planet, second only to blue. According to Psychology Today people who love the color green are often affectionate, loyal and frank. If green is your favorite color choice there is a good chance you’re highly aware of what others think about you and consider your reputation important.
According to Angela Wright, world renowned expert and author of ‘The Beginners Guide to Colour Psychology’ green strikes the eye in such a way as to require no adjustment whatever and is, therefore, restful. Being in the centre of the spectrum, it is the color of balance - a more important concept than many people realize. When the world about us contains plenty of green, this indicates the presence of water, and little danger of famine, so we are reassured by green, on a primitive level.
In addition to having calming influences, studies show rooms with green decor can improve reading and creative thinking. However when incorrectly used, green can produce feelings of stagnation and blandness.
Random Trivia Facts:
- The green costume of the Mona Lisa shows she was from the gentry, not from the nobility.
- Green is the color of love associated with both Venus, the Roman goddess and Aphrodite, the Greek goddess.
- In Aztec culture, green was considered to be royal because it was the color of the quetzal plumes used by the Aztec chieftains.
- Ceramics from ancient Mesopotamia show people wearing vivid green costumes, but it is not known how the colors were produced.